Sunday, November 8, 2009

Opportunities are like sunrises...

If you wait to long you will miss them!
Obviously this can be applied to many things in life. I'm taking the literal connotation this morning. My fitness routine has been lagging, to say the least. Aside from the classes I teach, I haven't been doing much for myself. I did just sign up for a half marathon in March, so I know I had to change my ways. This morning I woke up around 5:15- as I have been since the time change. I tossed and turned a bit and then, for the sake of my husband, gave in and got out of bed. I threw on my running shoes and grabbed my favorite running companion-Dave Matthews on my iPod and hit the pavement I forgot how much I enjoy running at this time- when everyone else is still sleeping or just starting to rise. I saw the sun rise over the Eastern hills. I took in the vibrant reds and oranges on the trees around me. I enjoyed the stillness that you only get at dawn. I was thankful that I took advantage of the opportunity to take advantage of my extra hour this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment