Wednesday, February 10, 2010

cheating on your handset?

So, I'm making the move tomorrow and changing my Smartphone. This is a huge move for me and honestly it feels a little like cheating on your hairdresser. I have been a Blackberry user since I started carrying a Smartphone 6 years ago. I've had the benefit of working for a wireless carrier so I've met with the vendors and I understand the pros and cons of the different Smartphones. Blackberry is THE device for email- but my needs have changed form just needing mobile email. The more involved I get with social networking and needing to do that and be mobile- I've found that I need a device that is more user friendly for this, therefore I made the choice to switch to a Palm Pixi. The features of the Pixi and all the Palm webOS handsets are enticing. Not to do a Pixi commercial, but it offers a unified interface to integrate all your contacts whether they be on email or through another social network. They've added some super cool features to allow for multi-tasking- something I'm a pro at (while I type this and listen to a conference call and check emails on my laptop...)
But- it still feels like I'm being unfaithful. I've "grown up" using the Blackberry and now I'm turning into a paper weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment